Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our December






Wow, a lot happened this month for us. The most exciting thing is that Josiah started walking! He is getting so big so fast. It's so cute when he walks, he holds out his hands and squints his eyes and laughs and claps. He's so proud of himself he just walks back and forth from mommy to daddy. He is such a joy to our lives. On Dec. 8 Markus and I found out that I was pregnant and due on Aug. 20, which is Nana's birthday. We wanted to wait until Christmas to surprise our families. Well my mom knows me too well and know that I was pregnant. We told my family Christmas Eve when we were opening presents. Josiah opened a gift that had a shirt that said "Best Big Brother" we were all really excited. The night of Christmas Eve, God had other plans for that little baby and I miscarried. It was the hardest thing that Markus and I have gone through. We decided not to say anything on Christmas day; and that made it harder to act like nothing was going on with us. At the same time, we watched as Josiah had a very wonderful first Christmas. Evan in a situation like this, it's so hard to have a sad face when we have a son who is so happy and I'll say it again, OUR JOY! This Christmas was very special and sad for us. I've come to realize again, that God is in complete control of our lives. He wants the best for us and has a perfect plan for us. Thank you God for loving us so much.

1 comment:

Jenn Lopez said...

Kalyn,
I am so sorry. I didn't know that was going on. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Jenn =)